(Nov. 4, 2015) - The Boston Breakers are looking for an operations/equipment intern, beginning January 2016. Also, stay tuned for additional internship opportunities to come!
Job Title: Operations/Equipment Internship
Length of Employment: Seasonal position beginning January 2016
Location: January-March: 245 Washington St, Hanover, MA (location pending office move).
March-end of season: Harvard University
Reports to: Operations Director, Coaching Staff, Athletic Trainer
Compensation: unpaid (credit optional)
Overall Responsibility: The Operations/ Equipment intern is responsible for the assisting in the operations and logistics relating directly to the players, coaches, and team staff. He/she helps the Operations Assistant oversee the Pro Team, Reserve Team and College Academy’s equipment, travel coordination, daily trainings, and game-day operations. This is an unpaid internship, but we can fulfill requirements for college credit or community service.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Must have a strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports and entertainment.
- Superior time management skills, dependability, attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
- Must have your own transportation.
Mail applications cover letter and resume to:
645 Washington Street, Hanover, MA 02339
Or email applications and resume to: email@example.com.
We are currently hiring a team of interns for the 2016 spring and summer semesters.
Duties will include:
• Assisting both the sales team and upper management with administrative tasks on a daily basis
• Assistance with back-end ticket software and fulfillment, as well as gameday box office and Will Call management
• Working on marketing opportunities with sales team and representing the Breakers at community events
• Assisting the Sales Director and account executives with obtaining and building contacts and distribution lists for Breakers database
• Management of gameday operations and assignment to specific tasks and areas such as gameday setup, Pregame Fanzone, VIP hospitality, Halftime entertainment, etc.
• Any other tasks appointed by the sales director and assistant general manager
• Desire to succeed in a sports role
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Availability on certain weekends and gameday
• Willingness to work as part of a team however should show initiative to see tasks are completed
• Access to your own vehicle is preferable
• Due to high volume of applicants, students requiring college credit will take preference
Applicants should send a cover letter to Edele, Sales Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions, please do not hesitate to call 617-945-1704.